What personal data we collect and why we collect it. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Media. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day. Embedded content from other websites. Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What rights you have over your data. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Disabling Cookies. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies. This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies. When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies. In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites (as detailed below), will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
- Google | https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
- Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/policy
- Pixalate |https://www.pixalate.com/privacypolicy/
- LinkedIn | https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Instagram | https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
- Twitter | https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- SEMRush | https://www.semrush.com/cookie-policy
- Moz | https://moz.com/privacy-policy
- Hootsuite | https://hootsuite.com/legal/privacy
- Zoho | https://www.zoho.com/privacy/cookie-policy.html
- Atlassian | https://www.atlassian.com/legal/cookies
- Sprout Social | https://sproutsocial.com/privacy-policy/
- Agora Pulse | https://www.agorapulse.com/privacy-policy
- YouTube | https://www.youtube.com/intl/en-GB/yt/about/policies/#community-guidelines
- Vimeo | https://vimeo.com/cookie_policy
- Quickbooks | https://quickbooks.intuit.com/za/legal/cookie-policy/
- DropBox | https://help.dropbox.com/security/cookies
- GSuite | https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en-US
- Ahrefs | https://www.iubenda.com/privacy-policy/794932
- Apple | https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/
- Microsoft | https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
- BidSwitch | https://www.bidswitch.com/privacy-policy/
- MicroAd | https://www.microad.co.jp/privacy/privacypolicy_en.html
- Oath | https://policies.oath.com/in/en/oath/privacy/index.html
- Adroll | https://www.adrollgroup.com/trust-center
- AddThis | https://www.addthis.com/privacy/terms-of-service/
- AppNexus | https://www.appnexus.com/platform-privacy-policy
- Response Tap | https://www.responsetap.com/gb/privacy-policy/
However if you are still looking for more information, you can contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org